JOIN OUR TEAM OF ARTISANS & DOERS!
Below is a list of available positions that we are looking to hire.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manufacturing AccountantThe position will work closely with the Director of Manufacturing, Chief Financial Officer, IT Manager and Controller and involves spending considerable time in manufacturing to help identify waste and inefficiency as well as to help streamline the timely and efficient flow and recording of raw materials through the manufacturing process. The long-term career path of this role is as or even more likely to lead to a leadership role in manufacturing as it is in financial management.
Description of Primary Responsibilities:
• Through direct observation from frequent time spent on the plant floor, recognize and recommend opportunities for cost savings. In coordination with accounting and finance and the Director of Manufacturing, establish goals and a related plan to systematically reduce manufacturing costs.
• Coordinate with other members of the accounting and finance team to refine cost accounting capabilities to ensure costs and products are being properly matched and relevant data provided to product development and sales and marketing teams.
• Identify, track and report the most applicable key performance indicators (KPIs) based on the current objectives of manufacturing leadership.
• Clearly communicate KPI results to management and production team members to achieve and sustain desired outcomes.
• Work closely with production team and supply chain leaders on all aspects of inventory control, making recommendations for improved tracking, waste management, avoidance of expiring raw materials, etc.
• Routinely prepare analysis comparing Hudsonville’s production results/statistics to those of industry peers. Recommend areas for improvement and highlight and recognize areas that are performing well.
• Maintain accurate bills of materials and adjust cost standards when necessary including year-end adjustments.
• Help lead continuous improvement participation and team activities.
Secondary Responsibilities include:
• Cross training on month-end duties/entries.
• Periodic research projects at the discretion of the Chief Financial Officer and/or Director of Manufacturing.
The successful candidate will have advanced verbal and written communication skills, and should have experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering or a closely related field is required. Manufacturing environment experience with cost accounting training is a plus, as is strong capabilities with manufacturing Enterprise Resource Planning software for formula/recipe based process manufacturers. Expertise with Microsoft Office products is essential.
We offer an excellent working environment with benefits including a competitive salary commensurate with experience, 401K retirement plan including a generous company match, health care benefits including a wellness incentive program and a health savings account plan, subsidized gym membership program, and dental, vision, and life insurance.