JOIN OUR TEAM OF ARTISANS & DOERS!
Below is a list of available positions that we are looking to hire.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3rd Shift Manufacturing Manager3rd Shift Manufacturing Manager
The Manufacturing Manager manages staff by organizing and monitoring work- flow in multiple functional areas including mixing, production, packaging, and material handling functions. This position will oversee the daily operations and improvements of the ice cream manufacturing process. They will need to ensure that production meets SQF requirements as it relates to documentation and meeting critical control points. This position ensures we are meeting health, sanitation, and quality standards set by the corporation, food industry, and government agencies as well as operational performance standards around safety, quality, cost, and service. This position will be responsible for the ongoing training and development of their direct reports.
Continuous Improvement EngineerContinuous Improvement Engineer Position Summary
We are searching for a continuous improvement manager to assess, monitor, and enhance business performance for our organization. In this role, you will analyze current practices and develop business process improvements as well as implement changes in workflows, structures, and teams to ensure continuous company performance. The CI Manager will coach and train others about lean concepts that lead to the identification, development, and implementation of improvements.
Technical Operator- 1st or 3rd ShiftPosition Summary
Looking for a Technical Operator with leadership potential. Responsible for producing product, cleaning equipment, and involved in work including; preventative maintenance, plant cleaning, machine changeovers, cleaning and tear down of piping and equipment, assisting with other mechanics, etc. This person will be willing to take initiative and look for opportunities to continuously improve operations. You must operate safely and in compliance with food safety and GMP standards.
This is an entry-level position with prior experience required. The Sanitation Lead will be involved in all things sanitation throughout the plant. This position will be leading sanitation in the fill room at the end of the day. This position will also be responsible for leading the team that cleans all areas of the plant including offices, conference rooms, and rest rooms. Other duties would include titrations, verification, pre-op setup, and overseeing periodic sanitation schedules
Controls Systems Engineer 1st or 3rd ShiftControls Systems Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain and troubleshoot software programs for process control systems, including PLC/PC controllers and industrial networks such as Ethernet and DeviceNet, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
• Assist in developing specifications for instrumentation, controls, and electrical components. Read and interpret software control logic, electrical diagrams, manuals, and drawings.
• Perform installation, maintenance, testing and calibration of transmitters, gauges, control valves, transducers, probes, level switches, pressure switches, temperature switches, flow meters, and associated equipment that send and receive data.
• Comply with arc flash, confined space, hot work, LOTO procedures and policies.
• Attend technical conferences and seminars to maintain knowledge of control system processes and procedures.
• Communicate technical issues and project timelines with leadership, operations, and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
• Help train and develop shift maintenance mechanics on controls systems concepts and procedures.
• Working knowledge of computer software and control system applications used in a food process facility (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, Allen-Bradley, Ignition, Opto22, Kuka, etc.).
• Must be a team player capable of working on multiple projects, must take initiative with assignments and be proactive with safety, and add value in group projects.
• Perform all other tasks as assigned.
Senior Plant Maintenance Technician 2nd or 3rd ShiftPosition Summary
The Plant Maintenance Technician will assist the maintenance team in working with production personnel to support plant systems for various process and packaging equipment in a highly automated facility. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience and maintenance skills, with the ability to take on increasing levels of responsibility. In this role you are responsible for Equipment maintenance and repair, as well as overseeing plant utilities such as steam, compressed air, and Ammonia refrigeration. Able to repair and trouble shoot process and packaging equipment to avoid downtime and quality defects. Additionally, this individual will provide support for other shift operations including sanitation team members, facility support and project activities. Electrical work to include motor wiring, resetting of breakers, and minor repair of industrial electrical equipment.
Senior Lead Maintenance TechnicianSenior Lead Maintenance Technician Position Summary
The Senior Lead Maintenance Technician will provide direct supervision and coaching/mentoring for a shift specific maintenance team. Direction to include the targeted quality of maintenance completion, safety standards, diagnostic tools and the urgency required to support plant systems for various process and packaging equipment in a highly automated facility. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership experience and maintenance skills, with the ability to take on increasing levels of responsibility. In this role you are responsible for supporting a team focused on equipment maintenance and repair, as well as overseeing performance of plant utilities such as steam, compressed air and Ammonia refrigeration. You will also be responsible for employee development and associated leadership requirements (e.g. ongoing 1:1 events, performance appraisal creation and delivery, development conversations). You are responsible to monitor performance of major systems and utilize appropriate data to identify areas for continuous improvement initiatives with the ultimate goal of increasing equipment/process uptime and efficiency. You are also responsible for identification of training opportunities, developing/identifying the appropriate training content and monitoring team member capabilities to perform repairs in a safe manner in alignment with GMP requirements. You are also responsible to provide repair support, as needed, in order to meet the operation needs of the organization. Additionally, this individual will provide consideration for other shift operations including sanitation team members, facility support and project activities.
Ammonia Technician 1st or 3rd ShiftAmmonia Refrigeration and Utilities Technician Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform preventive maintenance on utilities equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair ammonia refrigeration systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair boiler/steam systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair domestic water heating systems.
• Maintain boiler/condenser water chemical systems.
• Maintain refrigeration, cooling tower, and boiler logbooks.
• Performance of duties assigned with focus on safety, quality (of product and task!) and GMP’s.
• Execute work orders on time as assigned by planner/scheduler, PSM Manager, or other members of management as assigned in proper priority.
• Calibration of any/all equipment and instruments as assigned.
• Responsible for housekeeping of any and all work areas during and following performed work.
• Responsible for housekeeping of any and all maintenance shop and parts storage areas as assigned.
• Manage plant utilities systems to include but not limited to the plant refrigeration, boilers, HVAC, compressed air, (FUTURE -Wastewater Treatment Plant -WWTP), water chemical systems, and domestic water systems.
• Key contributor to the installation of major plant process and utility equipment/projects.
EDI/WMS Super UserEDI/WMS Super User Position Summary:
Hudsonville Ice Cream’s foundation is built around excellent products, superior service, deep personal relationships, and innovative solutions. If this reflects your desires, abilities, attitudes, and you want an opportunity with a rapidly growing dynamic company that is a special culture – read on.
As the EDI/WMS Super User you will be focused on finding ways for these systems to solve business issues and helping your teammates be successful. You will constantly seek to understand and explore the flow of material and information by going out and seeking ways to improve these flows. You will ensure that the data necessary to leverage these tools is clean- accurate and available. You value the benefits of data and can analyze it for accuracy.
You have a sense of urgency around trouble shooting the system to ensure they are functioning at a high degree. You generously give your time to the teams to offer support and coaching on how best to leverage them.
You are restless and curious about how to optimize the systems seeking to benefit the overall process and understand that may mean suboptimizing a particular team. You will interact with Customers and Operations teams to define the issues and collaboratively look for ways to make things better through people, technology, and process. You will lead continuous improvement efforts for these processes/systems and report out on the project and the outcomes of that project to the stakeholders and leadership.
You are a humble team player and collaborate with the Distribution team on workload planning and timing of orders being waved into the WMS. Ensuring material availability and material allocation is effective and efficient for the team.
IT Business AnalystIT Business Analyst Position Summary
The IT Business Analyst is responsible for enhancing the quality of IT Products and services, analyzing data to inform business decisions, and finding technological solutions to business needs. The BA is responsible for maintaining our Data Models and building reports utilizing powerBI among other tools.
Material Planner/BuyerMaterial Planner/Buyer Position Summary
The Material Planner/Buyer is responsible for supporting the supply plans, translating demand into purchasing to support production, including materials management of raw & pack, work-in-process, excess, and obsolete inventory.
The role is tasked with building and maintaining strong partnerships with manufacturing operations, sales, and service to manage and replenish stock levels to support the schedule and production with operational efficiencies in standard & pre-build business situations. Additionally, the role is expected to identify and expand supplier relationships to support business, and to participate in developing and implementing commodity strategies using data insights.