JOIN OUR TEAM OF ARTISANS & DOERS!
Below is a list of available positions that we are looking to hire.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Production WorkerPosition Summary
Looking for a production worker with leadership potential. Responsible for producing product, cleaning equipment, and involved in work including; preventative maintenance, plant cleaning, machine changeovers, cleaning and tear down of piping and equipment, assisting with other mechanics, etc. This person will be willing to take initiative and look for opportunities to continuously improve operations. You must operate safely and in compliance with food safety and GMP standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Excellent attendance and punctuality.
• Good hand/eye coordination.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Good multi-tasking/problem solving skills.
• Operate, monitor and troubleshoot cleaning process.
• Perform connections of process piping for CIP.
• Ensures equipment is operating properly and safely.
• Responsible for cleaning and sanitation of all equipment.
• Maintains the entire work area in a clean and orderly condition.
• Accurately documents work performed.
• Monitors equipment performance and performs routine care and maintenance as required.
• Works in partnership with maintenance technician to resolve equipment problems.
• Assist in cross-training team members and co-workers as assigned.
• Must possess good communication skills, and the proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
• Must possess the ability to effectively apply mathematical concepts and reasoning skills.
• Titrate chemicals to verify correct amounts are being used.
• Willing to work overtime and Saturdays if needed.
• High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED)
• Lift, push and pull up to 50lbs repeatedly
• Able to stand or walk for extended periods of time in a manufacturing environment
• Intermediate math skills
• Must be detail oriented
• High level of drive and initiative; ability to think outside the box
• Big picture thinker with strong attention to detail
Regularly required to stand at least 9 hours, walk, bend, and use both hands for repetitive grasping, and lifting.
• Insurance (Health, Dental Vision)
• Bonus Plan
• Partial Gym Membership
We take pride in offering benefits that are competitive. Here at Hudsonville we offer a first-class work environment with a real family feel to it. We appreciate our employee’s hard work, dedication, and passion. That is why we provide a comprehensive set of benefits and options designed to fit our employee’s needs. We also value continuous learning and offer many opportunities for off-site training.
Senior Director of Food Safety and QualityPosition Summary:
The Senior Director of Food Safety and Quality will be responsible for managing all quality and compliance aspects within the Hudsonville Ice Cream supply chain. The scope of responsibilities includes plant and warehouse quality, food safety, consumer affairs, regulatory compliance, quality standards, as well as all aspects of quality related to milk producers, suppliers and co-manufacture quality. They will also be responsible for all third party, customer, and other quality initiatives and programs within our manufacturing and distribution network. This position is the focal point in communicating and disseminating information regarding consumer and customer response and critical incident management that may impact the legal and/or overall reputation and goodwill of the company. They will provide ongoing quality insight and direction to product development, establishing/continuously improving quality systems with respect to food safety, regulatory compliance, QA policies, commercialization readiness, supplier and co-packer approvals, documentation systems and assessment of quality performance/consumer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead all aspects of the Quality Systems Management Program; HACCP; Food Safety; process controls; corporate policy implementation & training; first, second, third party audits & associated corrective actions.
• Maintain and enhance SQF standards across the company
• Ensure that established process control procedures and all corporate issued Quality Assurance Policies are followed throughout the supply chain including SPC and process control, product evaluation, HACCP, Allergens, GMPs, security, sanitation and other quality related SOP’s and procedures.
• Provide support to Product Development in conducting plant trials for new products/processes, assuring compliance and quality during product launches or label transitions.
• Collaborate with developers, quality assurance, and production groups to provide direction on product analysis, testing and deployment.
• Interact with customers at the technical level, as required.
• Keep all levels of management informed regarding issues in the marketplace associated with product performance, safety and compliance.
• Must be able to make product acceptance decisions regarding performance and safety.
• Maintain daily product evaluation programs and records to include; product quality scoring, key quality indicators, shelf life and microbiological testing, where applicable.
• Actively participate in continuous improvement processes (root cause analysis, SPC, problem solving, Kaizen).
• Responsible for providing regulatory guidance, support and service to Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain on projects, initiatives and systems with the intent to protect the business from regulatory risk and exposure.
• Provide technical assistance in the form of guidance, recommendations, and interpretation related to food safety, compliance and regulatory education to other staff groups, as required, to ensure that awareness and understanding is maintained across the organization.
• Establishes raw material standards by studying manufacturing and engineering requirements; conferring and negotiating with suppliers; devising testing methods and procedures.
• Is highly visible as a Regulatory champion
• Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Requirements:
• 7+ years QA Supervisory experience in dairy foods manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, supervise, direct and lead a diverse work force of employees.
• Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of initiative, sense of urgency and flexibility.
• Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills to apply both intra and inter-company, extending to customer interface.
• Versed in scientific method, continuous improvement methodologies, statistical process control, Kaizen, and other world class manufacturing process improvement programs.
• Knowledgeable in Kosher, GMP and other state and federal regulatory requirements.
• Thorough knowledge of food science and technology with a strong grounding in principles of food safety, GMPs, HACCP and thermal processing
• GFSI Experience with SQF Auditing Standards
• Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Effective analytical and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated success in the leading and managing people in a team environment
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in food science or a related technical field
• Process Control School, HACCP certification, SQF, GFSI Certification